Tantara Corporation has openings for the following positions:
The senior estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating full estimates on large and complex projects. Ideal candidate will have proven ability to estimate environmental and construction projects. Candidate must have advanced math and computer skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
The main job duties of this position include:
- Review specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings and determine the scope of work
- Organize estimating strategy and approach; identify value engineering options when viable
- Determine and prepare project schedules and some technical writing
- Prepare quantity takeoffs
- Prepare complete estimates, pricing all work activities and updating file price figures with actual quotations
- Obtain and review all subcontractor and vendor quotes and conditions; communicate with subcontractors and vendors during the estimate process
- Facilitate and confirm bid review
Candidates must have:
- Minimum of eight years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management
- CPE & PSP certifications a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following types of construction:
- Site Civil
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must be able to work well with others as every aspect of this position will include interaction with the estimating manager, business development lead, project managers, superintendents and administrative staff.
Construction Operations Manager
The Construction Operations Manager will be responsible for operations and management tasks for construction services for Tantara Corporation. This position will work with Project Managers, Estimating and Construction Superintendents. This position will review all project issues and advise Management on all contractual issues. The COM will review all estimates prior to submission for accuracy as well as oversight for the Company’s safety and quality programs. This individual will prepare and review project budgets and project tracking for all ongoing projects. Travel to project sites is required. Experience managing Federal projects is a must.
This position reports to the owner and/or Vice President.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day operations
- Work closely with estimating on current and future projects. This will include reading/reviewing bidding documents, specifications and plans and subcontractor quotes when bidding jobs to ensure accuracy in the estimate/bid process.
- Review bid opportunities daily and decide in consultation with Vice President, which projects to pursue.
- Attend pre-bid and pre-submittal conferences.
- Oversee the preparation of RFP/RFQ solicitations when they are performance based requiring management plans, team qualifications, company qualifications, QC plans, performance history, company background, ability to demonstrate budget and schedule compliance, etc.
- Work closely with Project Management and the Superintendents with any construction related issues (i.e. change orders, scheduling issues, subcontractor issues, etc.).
- Attend project meetings with owner and architect to ensure project are running smoothly.
- Responsible for hiring staff as needed including Estimators, Project Managers, Superintendents, and office staff.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Federal Government construction.
- Must have Supervisory Experience; Field Experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management (preferred)
- General knowledge of construction law.
- Strong understanding of the FAR.
- Must have experience in vertical construction.
- Strong estimating background.
- Strong verbal, written communications and computer skills, including general office plus scheduling and estimating software.
- 30 hrs. Construction & General Industry Safety Training (preferred).
Tantara is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and Drug-Free Workplace